An experienced puppeteer and live performer,
exceptional puppetry and voice skills. Comfortable with improvising
and devising work.
References - Sue Buckmaster (Theatre Rites), Roman
Stephanski (Polka Theatre)
Devising performer of 'Terry Jones Fairy Tales' live performance
for DNA Puppetry. National tour.
Performer in 'Charlie & Lola's Best Best Bestest Play' for
Watershed Productions- Danchouse Theatre Manchester.
Creator of online puppet persona 'Thurtinkle - The Nose that Knows'
Devising performer for 'Dr Nose Travel's Through Time' live performance
for DNA Puppetry. National tour.
Puppetry tutor for East15 Acting school - devising Early Years
theatre using puppetry.
Devising performer for 'Ball Pond Bobby by DNA Puppetry. Two person
Board Member - Horse and Bamboo Theatre
Devising performer for 'Puss in Boots' by DNA Puppetry. Two person
Lead video puppeteer for DVD produced by Lingua4 ltd. DVD teachiing
Production and tour manager 'Puppets A Go Go! Marquee theatre
experience for DNA Puppetry.
Promoted to Arts and Development director of DNA Puppetry and
Workshop leader on youth arts project 'Have You Done It...Yet?'
for Rochdale Borough Council
·Devising performer for 'Baba Yaga Boney Legs' by DNA Puppetry.
Three person show.
· Puppetry captain and performer on the christmas production
and run of the classic Roald Dahl tale 'The BFG' directed by Sue
Reddish for the Octagon Theatre, Bolton. One of a cast of 6 plus
stage management team of 5.
·Devising performer for 'Atishoo!' for children under 6.
Originally devised visual theatre production by DNA Puppetry.
·Devising performer 'The Enormous Turnip – A Feast
of Folk Tales' by DNA Puppetry. One man show for 3-7 year olds
· Sweetie Pie Two-hander for 4-7 year olds.
· Sex’n’Chips One of a cast of four. Issue-based
performance/workshop for 14 year olds dealing with choices and
decision-making in intimacy and sexual relations.
· Sleep Tight for Theatre Rites. Three-hander for under
· Paperchase for The Unicorn Theatre. Three-hander for
5-11 year olds.
· Chicken Licken (1999). One man show for 3-7 year olds
· Skin Deep Circus (1999) One of a cast of four. Small-scale
freak show circus. For 12 years and over.
· DNA Cabaret One of a cast of five. Variety cabaret. For
12 years and over.
· Off the Wall for Polka Theatre. One of a company of five.
Dir. David Glass
· Millworks for Theatre Rites. One of a company of five.
- Production Manager and performer in DNA Cabaret! on tour. Performed
self devised cabaret piece Handy Tips
- Puppeteer on 'Dr. Xargle' TV series for HTV. Straight & reverse
scan lyp-synch to pre-recorded track with dialogue and songs.
- Co-director of 'I , Object' youth theatre performance for BAC,
south London. Production involved a combination of acting and
- Puppeteer & co-deviser of 'The Kitchen of Life' by Sold Out
productions. A combination of magic and puppetry involving animation
of kitchen instruments and food. Time Out Critic's Choice and
Evening Standard Comedy Choice.
- Workshop with Clare Heggen of Theater du Mouvement, Paris, in
Object-led movement at the International Workshop Festival, London.
- Performances of Thurtinkle's Telling
Tales and The Cabinet of Hearts
in London and outlying regions. Over 40 performances to over 5000
adults and children.
- Puppeteer on 'Tom Thumb' for St Georges Theatre, Luton.
- Workshop leader on various summer puppetry projects including
'Village SE1' community project.
- Director of Steve Tiplady's 'Hamlet' for DNA Cabaret.
- Puppeteer on 'The Muppet Treasure Island' Jim Henson Productions.
- Puppeteer on 'Joey Grimaldi, King of Clowns' at the Little Angel
Theatre, London. A new play for puppets written by Ken Campbell.
- Puppeteer on 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff and Other Stories'
for Movingstage Marionettes.
- Puppeteer on Jolly Learning Phonics educational video package
shoot. Principal performer/puppeteer. Also employed as american
accent voice over artist.
- Appointed course tutor in puppet manipulation at the Central
School of Speech and Drama, London
- Attended 'Traditional Techniques/New Technologies' workshop
at the Institute Internationale de la Marionette, France. A course
combining the techniques of puppetry, computer animation and motion
- Puppeteer on 'The Nine Pointed Crown' at the Little Angel Theatre,
- Co-deviser/performer in The Cabinet
of Hearts, a puppetry cabaret piece to be extended into a
festivals production. First performed at DNA
Cabaret, The Juggler's Arms, London.
- Designer/puppeteer of 'Thurtinkle Garnetgetter - The Nose that
Knows' first performed at the Covent Garden May Fayre.
- Attended intensive residential course for directors conducted
by David Glass at Norwich Puppet Theatre.
- Actor/puppeteer on tour with 'James and the Giant Peach' and
'The Pied Piper' - a solo show -for Norwich Puppet Theatre. Leader
of Puppet Making and Performing with Puppet workshops for children
- Completed an Advanced Diploma in Puppetry with the Central
School of Speech and Drama, including Television performance
Tuition with Francis Wright and Richard Coombes.
- Puppeteer and performer in 'Judith and Holofermes' directed
by Christopher Leith, performed during the Almeida Opera festival.
- Narrator and puppeteer with The
Little Angel Marionette Theatre in 'Angelo' by Quentin Blake.
- Performer and puppeteer with Gekidan Yuyake (Sunset Silhouettes)
shadow puppet theatre, Japan.
- Freelance puppeteer in London. Student on puppetry courses at
The Puppet Centre and The Little Angel Marionette Theatre. Employed
as workshop assistant with Parachute and Popova theatre companies.
Television puppetry workshop with Spitting Image.
- Actor and puppeteer with Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, Perth,
Western Australia. Three touring productions, two in house productions,
and one short self devised piece. One production involved extensive
use of lip-synch. Co-leader of puppet making and performing workshops
for children between six and twelve.
- Full-time theatre and performance training at The Western Australian
Academy of Performing Arts in acting, dance, singing, movement,
circus and puppetry.